Happiness… …
Happiness as your very own is a mirage that can drown you to death. You cannot own happiness - not yours, not anyone else's. Like everything else in life, it comes with a price. You pay for every smile and every laugh, and you pay most dearly for the twinge of joy at heart. You pay with sadness, hopelessness and for the twinge of joy with tears.
And hence the one big question... Will we be given pure happiness ever? Is there even a thing as pure happiness? I wondered for sometime but then my mind wouldn't let me. Mind is a queer place... It was like something was pushing the original thought to my subconscious... And my mind started replaying the mundane events of today. I smiled... God tuned our mind this way... Lest we die of sadness and tears! It is a blessing how our mind can push and fade out important stuff... So the heavy heart does not anchor and we move on with life. Weird... But true!
So the original thought... The idea of perfect happiness. The faith that God did make nature in a way that suits us... I was sure the logic of lack of perfect happiness lies somewhere out there. I looked up at the sky... Staring into empty space and the moon was there... With its ugly blotches, yet beautiful. And it struck me... This was perfect happiness!!! Or Perfect Sadness... Whatever you may want to call it. Without the blotches, the moon would just be a ball of shine, insignificant. It’s the blotches that make us value the un-blotched part, categorizing the moon as beautiful. It’s the tears that complete the twinge of joy... Or the laugh that makes the sadness worthy of expressing hurt. Without tears how would I ever know I am happy? And that is how we survive life... "Human" nature cannot accept perfection... Lest we die of such happiness. For us, completion is perfection. Weird... But true!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete